Skip Navigation LinksSCC Home Page Student Resources Disability Support Services

Disability Support Services

Disability Support Services

» Spokane: (509) 533-7169
» Off-Campus: (509) 685-2122 or (509) 279-6702

Spokane Community College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and other relevant state and federal laws in providing services and accommodations to students with disabilities.

What services are available?

Spokane Community College recognizes our obligation to provide equal access and reasonable accommodations to students who are otherwise qualified to participate in our programs. While it is our responsibility to notify students of services and how to access those services, it is the student's responsibility to self-identify and request accommodations. Accommodations are determined on an individual basis according to what is needed to mitigate the effects of the disability. Services provided through the Center for Students with Disabilities may include but are not limited to:

NEW! Test Proctoring Submission Form

Instructors can now request test proctoring online.

» More info
  • Assistance in completing the admissions process
  • Accommodations related to completing financial aid forms
  • Referral to counseling or academic advising
  • Classroom accommodations (sign language/oral interpreters, note takers, readers, alternate testing, taped text information, etc.)
  • Club activities
  • Priority registration (if justified by disability)
  • Referral to resources on and off campus
  • Use of assistive technology (adaptive software and computers, scanners, ergonomic equipment, assistive listening equipment, portable keyboards, large key calculators, tape recorders, close captioning, TTY's, voice recognition, etc.)
  • Frequently Asked Questions: PDF - Word
  • Grievance Procedures: PDF - Word
  • Intake Information: PDF - Word

Note: The staff at the Center for Students with Disabilities works closely with Counseling Services and other college services, but does not replicate those services. We direct students to the appropriate service and facilitate referral as needed.

Am I eligible for accommodations?

You are eligible if:

  • You are considered a person with a disability under the law.
  • You have identified yourself to a disability support service provider.
  • You have provided current documentation regarding your disability.

Documentation of a disability should include the following:

  • Identification of the nature and extent of the disability
  • Specific information regarding the manner in which the disability affects you as regards access to or participation in programs or services at the college
  • Potential side effects of medications and/or other factors related to the condition that might impact participation in programs or services, such as anticipated changes or progression of illness
  • Suggestions regarding possible accommodations

Documentation is usually provided by a physician, psychologist, learning disabilities specialist, or rehabilitation counselor.

How do I apply for services and receive accommodations?

  1. Obtain and complete an application for services at the Center for Students with Disabilities in Building 15.
  2. Bring in current documentation of your disability.
  3. Make an appointment for an in-take interview to discuss needed accommodations.

Contact Information:

Spokane Community College

Center for Students with Disabilities, Bldg. 15
1810 N Greene Street
MS 2151
Spokane, WA 99217

Mon-Thu, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Fri, 8:00 AM - Noon

(509) 533-7169 Voice
(509) 533-8877 Fax


Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students:
(509) 533-8881 Voice
(509) 321-4406 Video Phone  
(Contact: Sally Hillebrandt, Sally.Hillebrandt@scc.spokane.edu)

Aimee Elber, Aimee.Elber@scc.spokane.edu

SCC Off-Campus Centers

Contact any of our center managers for an intake packet; they will then help you make an appointment with our program coordinator for Disability Support and Student Support Services.

Colville Center
Norma Martinek, 509-685-2120 or 509-279-6702

Inchelium Center
Sonja Warren, 509-722-3702

Ione Center
Kim Taft, 509-442-4290

Newport Center
Suzette Reasoner, 509-447-3835

Republic Center
Barb Taylor, 509-775-3675