Skip to main content

Step-by-Step Funding and Enrollment Guide

These steps guide veterans through funding and enrollment processes at SCC.

Call 509-533-7027 or email with any questions.

For BAH purposes, schools are identified by Zip Code. SCC’s Zip Code is 99217.

Step 1 – Select your payment chapter.

Chapter 30 Regular active duty – joined 7/1/85 to present.
Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation – See your voc-rehab counselor for appropriate paperwork.
Chapter 33 Served after 9/11.
Chapter 35 Dependents – parent/spouse veteran 100 percent service-connected disabled or service-connected deceased.
Chapter 1606 Guard/reserve – have not deployed.

Step 2 – Apply for educational benefits

Go to Education Benefits. Read the information carefully. When you are ready to apply, go to “Select Correct Form” and follow the instructions. Complete and submit the form. Print a copy for your records and the SCC veteran’s coordinator. It takes the VA two weeks to two months to process your application. Once it is processed, they send you a certificate of eligibility. For information about this step, call the VA at 1-888-442-4551.

Step 3 – Select your program of study and apply.

Decide on a specific program of study and apply to SCC using the orange "Apply" button at the top of this page.

If you have questions about a program, see an academic counselor at the Counseling Center, Bldg. 1, room 106, or call 509-533-7026.

Step 4 – Make an appointment for assessment testing.

Assessment testing is located in the SCC Testing Center, Bldg. 16. For information, go to Testing Center or call 509-533-7074 for more information.

If you already have college credits from another school, you may not have to take a placement test. However, SCC must evaluate your transcripts.

Step 5– Request transcripts

Request transcripts from all colleges you have attended and have them sent to:

Spokane Community College
Admissions MS 2151
1810 N Greene St
Spokane WA 99217-5399

SCC can only certify your classes to the VA for three quarters before your transcript(s) arrive(s). Transcript request cards are available in SCC Student Services, Bldg.15.

Step 6 – Make appointment with the SCC veteran’s coordinator

Contact Andy Flanagan, Veteran Services Specialist. 
Complete the following: Statement of Understanding and Veteran Reporting Form.

The veteran’s coordinator is one of your best resources on campus. Contact the coordinator in SCC Bldg. 6, room 0112 or call 509-533-7027.

Step 7 – Petition for graduation

Submit you petition for graduation the quarter before you are scheduled to graduate.