Skip to main content
English Learners in a classroom English Learners in a classroom

We offer six levels of English and support classes for immigrant and refugee students.

Classes are offered on the Spokane Community College campus, at the Adult Education Center 
and in Spokane Valley. Classes are offered online, hybrid, and in-person during the daytime and evening, depending upon the location.

For more information about English as a Second Language (ESL), email us or call 509-533-4600.

Interpreters are available for some languages.

Pусский         Español          عربى

Are You...

Two male english learners in the classroom

Great! We will find the right place in one of our English courses.

There are a few exceptions. We will explain those to you in person.

How Do I start?

The first step is to take a test to find out where your English language studies should begin.

What should I bring to the test?

  • Picture ID (driver’s license, state ID card, passport, national ID card. We can still help you if you do not have picture ID.
  • Social Security Card (if you have one)
  • Green Card / I-94 (if you have one)

*Non-immigrant visa holders in categories such as B1/B2 (tourist visa), J or F (student visa) cannot be served in this program. Other visa exclusions may apply.

When Can I Take a Class?

English Lerners in the ClassroomClasses last for one quarter.

Winter: January 4, 2021 – March 19, 2021
Spring: April 5, 2021 – June 14, 2021
Summer: July 1, 2021 – August 19, 2021
Fall: September 20, 2021 – December 13, 2021

Classes run Monday through Thursday at various times:

We have open enrollment which means you can drop into a class at any time during the quarter.

Types of English Classes

After you complete your testing, we place you in a class that best matches your needs. Some students are just beginning and others are improving their English so they can take college-level classes. Tuition is $25 per quarter. Financial assistance may be available for eligible students.

Levels of English learning class:

Where Do I Go to Take a Class?

Photo of outside of Adult Basic Education Center on Monroe St.Adult Education Center

2310 N. Monroe St.
Spokane, WA 99205


Photo of outside of the SCC Student Services BuildingSpokane Community College (SCC)

1810 N Greene St., Building 15 Annex
Spokane, WA 99217


Photo of outside of the Spokane Valley CenterSpokane Valley Center

11530 E Sprague Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99206


Find us on Facenbook