Skip to main content

Financially Dependent

You are a dependent student if you are under the age of 25, unmarried, and one or both of your parents or court-appointed guardians have physically resided in Washington State for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of your application to Spokane Community College. As a dependent, you must be identified on your parents or guardians most recent federal income tax returns.

Note: If parents are separated, students can be claimed as a dependent by either parent, as long one parent has established domicile in Washington for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of application.

What do you need to provide?

You must complete sections one and two of the residency status questionnaire. A parent or legal guardian must complete section three. In addition to the completed questionnaire, your parents or legal guardian must provide the following documentation demonstrating ties with Washington for a minimum of one year:

Residency documents may be mailed to the Residency Office at 1810 N Greene St, MS 2151, Spokane, WA 99217, or e-mailed to Completed questionnaires and all supporting documentation must be received by the 30th calendar day of the quarter for which application is made. Documentation received after the 30th calendar day will be considered for the following quarter. You will be contacted by the residency office once your documents have been reviewed and a decision has been made.

Frequently Asked Questions