Skip to main content

Active Duty Military Members

Stationed in Washington & Washington National Guard

You may be eligible to pay resident tuition as an active duty member of the military or Washington National guard or as a member’s spouse or dependent.

What documents do I provide?

  • Your military orders or your spouse's orders.

  • Your military ID (front only)

Documents may be mailed to: Admissions, 1810 N. Greene St. MS 2151 Spokane, WA 99217‚Äč

Note: Former active duty reservists - See veteran requirements

Washington Members Stationed Elsewhere

Members of the military whose home of record is Washington State, and who are serving active duty in another state or overseas may be eligible to pay resident tuition. Please provide the following:

  • Documentation of active duty military member's home of record (L.E.S. – Leave and Earnings Statement)

  • A copy of your current military orders

  • A copy of your military ID card (front only)

  • Submit documentation that you are maintaining your Washington legal ties while being stationed elsewhere. Provide at least three of the following:

    1. Driver's license

    2. Voter's registration

    3. Vehicle registration

    4. Bank account

    5. Property ownership

    6. Storage of property in Washington


Documents may be mailed to the Admissions Office. Completed questionnaires and all supporting documentation must be received by the 30th calendar day of the quarter for which application is made. Documentation received after the 30th calendar day will be considered for the following quarter. You will be contacted by the residency office once your documents have been reviewed and a decision rendered.