Follow these steps!
1. Apply for financial aid
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) provides financial aid for U.S. Citizens, and eligible non-citizens, such as permanent residents. Visit the FAFSA website to create your FSA ID and to complete your application. A new FAFSA application must be completed each school year. The college code for SCC is 003793.
- The Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) is for students who don't file a federal FAFSA application because they are undocumented or not eligible for federal aid because of their immigration status. Visit the WASFA website for more information.
If you are a new student now is the time to Apply for Admissions. Prior students, reactivate your admission status to SCC with this Student Information Update form.
2. Submit requested documents as early as possible
There are two ways you will be notified of your required documents and/or financial aid awards. There are Priority Funding deadlines for the Term you may wish to enroll in, so be mindful of those dates.
Look for emails from the SCC Financial Aid Office
SCC will notify you of receipt of your FAFSA application with instructions regarding any additional required documentation or forms. Forms are available on the SCC website if needed. You may email, mail, fax or bring them in in person.
Look under your TASKS for any required forms or other items that may need your attention. You can also view and accept/decline your financial aid awards on your ctcLink Student Homepage once you have been awarded.
3. Select your refund preference with BankMobile
Community Colleges of Spokane has partnered with BankMobile to deliver your financial aid refund. For more information about BankMobile, visit their How it Works website.
4. Financial Aid Notification email
SCC will send your Financial Aid Notification by email or letter offering you the aid you are eligible for.
5. Paying your Tuition
Financial aid funds will be automatically applied to your tuition due no earlier than 5 days prior to the start of the term. Any excess funds will be sent to BankMobile to be refunded to you no earlier than the first day of the term..
Federal Aid Availability for Study Abroad
Students who seek to enroll in study abroad programs which have been approved for credit by Spokane Community College may be eligible to receive federal student aid. Students should contact the financial aid office for more information.