Skip to main content

If you

are a new student to Spokane Community College (SCC) with college credit from another school, we can help you get those credits applied to your SCC transcript. SCC accepts transfer credits from accredited two and four-year institutions.

Are you looking for information on transfer counseling, options or articulation agreements? Visit the Ready to Transfer page for more information.

Step 1 – Apply

Complete the application process the same way new students do by following the directions on the Apply Now page. Just remember, you have one extra step of transferring your credits.

Step 2 – Transferring Your Credits

In order for your credits to be applied, you must submit transcripts at least two weeks before the start of the quarter.

Get Started - Order Your Transcripts

Start by ordering an official transcript from your former school. Most schools have a simple process for ordering a transcript which can be found on their website or in your student center. Follow their directions for requesting an official transcript (or unofficial transcript, only if you have already filled out our extenuating circumstances form and been approved) and deliver a sealed envelope (must be delivered in its original sealed envelope) to the transcript office.

Pond view looking towards the greenhouse at SFCC.
Extenuating Circumstances for Mathematics
Under extenuating circumstances, transcripts can be unofficially evaluated for purposes of math placement. You will need a course description (from your previous college website) of the math course you took. You also need an unofficial copy of your transcript.
Three students smiling at the camera.
How Are My Credits Evaluated?
SCC uses two methods to evaluate your transfer credits. You may need one or both methods. To learn more about our evaluation process, visit our Transfer Credit Evaluation page.