Skip to main content

Technology Services & Information Systems and Development Services will be performing routine maintenance on the servers that host the main websites (CCS, SCC and SFCC) on Sunday, January 29th from 9am-12pm. All CCS websites will be unavailable during the maintenance period listed above. If you experience problems after that time frame, we ask that you report them to the IT Support Center immediately. or 509-533-4357.

CCS Procedure for Transcript Evaluation from Foreign Schools

Transcripts (educational credentials) issued in foreign countries from non-American system institutions and those in languages other than English require special handling. Students who want to receive credit for courses taken from an academic institution outside of the United States must have their transcripts evaluated. Each foreign transcript must be translated into English and then submitted to one of the four companies listed below for evaluation. The decision on what courses, if any, will be accepted by Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC) or Spokane Community College (SCC) will be made after the transcripts have been evaluated by one of these companies.

SFCC and SCC accept evaluations of foreign transcripts ONLY from the following five (5) Academic Evaluations companies. Please note, our partner evaluation service is listed on top, SpanTran Evaluation Company, and offers a discounted rate and SCC/SFCC specific link for requesting your evaluations:

SpanTran Evaluation Company

Postal Address:
2400 Augusta Drive, Suite 451
Houston, TX  77057

Tel: 713-266-8805

SpanTran has created a custom application for the Community Colleges of Spokane that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate: SpanTran Pathway - Community Colleges of Spokane

The other four evaluation companies we accept are:

World Education Services

Postal Address:
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087

Courier Address:
64 Beaver St, #146
New York, NY 10004

Tel: 212-966-6311
Fax: 212-739-6100

Joseph Silny and Associates

Postal Address:
P.O. Box 248233
Coral Gables, FL 33124

Tel: 305-273-1616
Fax: 305-273-1338
Translations: 305-273-1984

Foundation for International Services, Inc.

Postal and Walk-In Address:
505 5th Ave. S. #101
Edmonds, WA 98020

Tel: 425-248-2255
Fax: 425-248-2262
Email and Translations:

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.

Postal Address:
Box 514070
Milwaukee WI 53203-3470

Tel: 414-289-3400
Fax: 414-289-3411


Students should contact the companies directly for information regarding the evaluation request process and a fee schedule. The official report must be in English and include subject breakdowns, course descriptions, credit value and grades. SFCC and SCC will not require official transcripts if official copies were submitted to the evaluation service. Once completed, the evaluation report should be mailed in a sealed envelope to one of the two following addresses:

Global Education
Spokane Falls Community College
MS 3011, 3410 W. Whistalks Way
Spokane, WA 99224-5288

Global Education 
Spokane Community College
MS 2151, 1810 N Greene St.
Spokane, WA 99217-5399

Credentials evaluators at SFCC and SCC will review the report and courses that are determined to be applicable to the student’s area of study, which will be recorded as transfer credit. A letter outlining the accepted transfer credit will be sent to the student after a graduation application has been completed and turned into the Registration Office by the student.

If you have questions regarding this procedure, please contact us at