***All CCS Students, Staff, and Faculty now have FULL ACCESS to Spokane Public Library.***
Download free materials in a variety of formats including:
RBDigital Audiobooks, and more!
How to Get Your Spokane Public Library Card
- Fill out the Library Card Application
- If you are not a City of Spokane resident, enter your personal email address and phone number, BUT use 1810 N. Greene St., Spokane, WA 99217 as your street address. This is the address for SCC.
- Don't forget to write down the PIN number you create. You may need this to access SPL digital resources.
- Click Sign Up. You should now have a library card number which you can use to check out physical items from any Spokane Public Library branch or to access their digital resources.
If you have problems setting up an SPL library card contact Angela Richardson at (509) 444-5477 or firstname.lastname@example.org and explain that you are an SCC student or employee.
Kanopy Streaming Video
Kanopy streams media from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Public Screenings: Many films from Kanopy come with Public Performance Rights (PPR). Viewing films in a group forum is permitted as long as the viewing is by authorized viewers and it is not for commercial benefit (i.e. no admission costs are charged and no profit is made from the screening)." - Spokane Public Library (SPL)
- Create a Spokane Public Library Card by following the instructions on this web page
- Once you've create a SPL card number you have to register for a separate Kanopy account at their website.
- You will need the SPL card number you just created and your personal email address.
- Once you've created a SPL card number and Kanopy account you can access streaming videos in Kanopy through their app or website.
Important Things to Know About Kanopy
- You are limited to borrowing 8 total titles (credits) per month*. Credits renew on the first of each month.
*Kanopy Kids and Great Courses videos do not use credits.
- Films can be viewed for 72 hours.
- If you watch 5 seconds or more of a film it will count towards your total of 8 titles per month.
- Videos cannot be downloaded at this time.
- You can create clips and organize them in a playlist.