Financing Your Education

What will School Cost at SCC?

The following is an approximation of basic costs for students attending full-time and paying standard tuition for three quarters (nine months) for 2013-2014.

Washington State Resident

Living in your own place Living with parents
Tuition/Fees (estimate):   $4,389   $4,389  
Books & Supplies:   $1,026   $1,026  
Room & Board:   $9,492   $7,392  
Transportation:   $1,572   $1,572  
Personal Expenses:   $2,352   $2,352  
Total:   $18,831   $16,731  

U.S. Citizen, Non-Washington State Resident

Living in your own place Living with parents
Tuition/Fees (estimate):   $5,205   $5,205  
Books & Supplies:   $1,026   $1,026  
Room & Board:   $9,492   $7,392  
Transportation:   $1,572   $1,572  
Personal Expenses:   $2,352   $2,352  
Total:   $19,647   $17,547  


  • Non-U.S. citizen, non-resident tuition is approximately $8,343*; the other costs remain the same.
  • These amounts do not reflect program-related costs such as tools, uniforms, required insurance, and class-related lab fees.
*2012-2013 amount; 2013-2014 to be determined


Outside Funding

This refers to funding from an external organization such as:

  • Active duty armed services
  • Labor & Industries
  • Private corporations
  • Services for the blind
  • TRB
  • Tribal funding
  • Veteran disability
  • Vocational rehabilitation

It is the responsibility of your agency's representative to send us your paperwork in a timely manner. It is your responsibility to verify that we have received it.

This funding may impact your financial aid. Keep us updated if there are any changes.


  • Attending school WILL affect your unemployment claim. You may be denied benefits if your training plan is not approved.
  • Follow this link for additional information about these requirements along with specialized funding that is available for dislocated workers.

Workforce Funding


To receive information regarding possible tuition reduction and veteran's educational services at SCC, contact Veterans Affairs at (509) 533-7027 or place an online information request. The SCC Veterans Affairs office is located within Workforce Education and Career Services in Building 6 (Lair), Room 0112.

You may also want to visit the official government source for veterans' educational information and resources: .

Defaults and Repayments

If you are in default on a federal student loan or owe a repayment to a federal, state or institutional grant, you are not eligible for financial aid until this debt is satisfied. Before you can be reconsidered for aid, you must obtain documentation from the appropriate authority indicating that you have regained your eligibility for Title IV financial aid programs.

You may retrieve a full history of all Federal Grants and Loan information using the National Student Loan Data System, Student Access portal at You will need your FAFSA PIN to log into the site.

Additional contacts for information on your default or repayment status:

For Tuition Repayment Issues:

CCS Student Financial Services - (509) 434-5228, 5227, or 5226

For Federal Overpayments/Default:

Department of Education - Debt Resolution Services:

For State Need Grant Overpayments:

Phone: (888) 549-3274

If you owe money for a Perkins Loan or Tuition Grant, contact the school where the debt was incurred.

Guaranteed Education Tuition

Guaranteed Education Tuition is a Washington State program created to lock in today's tuition prices for tomorrow's students. Please visit for further information.

© 1997-2015 Spokane Community College All rights reserved