Skip to main content
Male culinary student in kitchen Male culinary student in kitchen


After completing your FAFSA you will have a better sense of the type of funds you are eligible for. Some students may be eligible for grants, like a Pell Grant, based on your financial need. These grant funds do not need to be repaid. After subtracting your grant and scholarship funds from your tuition payments, the remaining amount will need to be paid in cash or through a loan.

For detailed loan federal information visit the federal government's loan page

Student Loans

There are multiple types of direct loans for students. Take a look at the different loan options and how to get started with a student Federal Direct Loan.

Parent Loans

Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS Loans) are made to both the students and parents of a dependent undergraduate student to help pay for expenses not covered by other financial aid. Learn more about the PLUS program and get the information you need to apply now.

Exit Counseling

If you have used a Federal Direct Loan to help finance your education at Spokane Community College, the Federal financial aid regulations require us to provide you with exit counseling information about your loan. Take a look at the steps to complete your exit counseling.

How Much Should I Borrow?

To figure out the proper amount to borrow, you will need to calculate your financial need, understand the limits of what you can borrow and create a budget so you can predict what your monthly payment will be towards your loan. Take a look at our budgeting page to get started now.

Check Loan Status

You can check your loan status in your student account in ctcLink. Login to your student account by clicking the button below. If this is your first time accessing your account, you will need your ctcLink ID that is issued to you after your application is received. Make sure to save your ID number as you will use it for many things at SCC.