The below information is a summary. For details please download or view the
Information for Continuing International Students
We recommend that you remain in the U.S.
- All Spring Quarter classes will be offered online for the duration of the quarter.
- International students must maintain F1 visa status by taking all classes online during this period.
- International students still need to remain full-time (at least 12 credits) and make normal progress in your course of study.
Travel Restrictions and Our Advice
I am currently in the U.S. but was planning to return to my home country, should I cancel my trip?
- The Washington Governor’s Stay Home Stay Healthy is clear and has your safety as priority.
- We do not know how long these travel restrictions will last and what additional countries may be added.
- Many flights departing from Spokane have been canceled. Please contact your program coordinator if you need assistance with this decision.
If you plan to be outside of the U.S. for spring term
If you plan to take online classes from your home country, to ensure the most successful online learning experience, please review these important reminders:
- Stay in touch with your Global Education Program Coordinator – Keep us informed of your experience, questions and plans, so that we can provide you with advice and assistance when needed.
- Make sure you have adequate computer hardware, software and internet
- Graduation – Taking your classes online from overseas will not impact your graduation status. You may still request to transfer your SEVIS record within 60 days from your spring graduation date.
- Reminder: 100% refund deadline is .
Information for New Incoming International Students
We are commitment to help provide you with a vibrant start to your college experience. Due to the uncertainty and rapidly changing situation we strongly recommend you postpone your arrival/studies to . Please confirm this preference with Global Education staff immediately and we will help arrange your deferral plans. Please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Health Insurance Information (Lewermark Insurance)
If you believe you may have been exposed to the coronavirus and think you need to be tested, . Treatment of the coronavirus is covered under the international student insurance plan similar to other illnesses.
For questions about pre-existing conditions, contact the international student insurance provider LewerMark at 1-800-821-7710.
You may download your insurance card at www.lewermark.com
- log in with your student (SID) number and your birthdate (format MMDDYYYY – for example, March 4, 2020 is 03042020)
- If you are have problems accessing your card, please contact us at email@example.com
If you need assistance finding a local urgent care, please reach out to your SCC or SFCC Global Education office at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Julie.Hands@ccs.spokane.edu or Christiana.Hennings@ccs.spokane.edu
Services included in your International Student Insurance coverage:
- My Student Support Program MySSP – helping students with stress, sadness, loneliness, and more, as well as supporting students with adapting to a new culture and being successful at school.
- Nurse Line – Speak with a registered nurse over the phone, 24/7.