Veteran Resources

Employment Hotlines
City 625-6161
County 328-0590
FAFB (Civilian) 247-2132
Federal 1-912-757-3000
State of Washington 456-2889
College Veterans Coordinators
Eastern Washington University (Lane Anderson) (509) 359-6592
Spokane Community College (509) 533-7027
SCC Colville, Inchelium, Ione, Newport and Republic Centers (509) 279-6740
Spokane Falls Community College (509) 533-3504
Washington State University (Matt Zimmerman) (509) 335-1234
Emergency Help
American Red Cross 326-3330
Dental (Emergency - $10. Usually one-month waiting period) 456-7110
Food Bank (Cheese, butter, rice, milk - free distribution) 534-6678
Housing Opportunities 456-7106
Neighborhood Centers (emergency assistance, food bank, energy assistance)
Downtown (509) 456-7169
East Spokane (509) 456-7110
Spokane Neighborhood NE Action Program (509) 487-1114
Women, Infants, and Children East Central Community Center (WIC) (509) 535-6321
See Spokane County Veterans Services and Veterans Outreach Center
under Veterans Organizations
Veterans Organizations
Veterans Outreach Center (readjustment counseling, employment assistance, women's issues) 444-8387
Dept. of Veterans Affairs (education) 1-888-442-4551
Dept. of Veterans Affairs (all other) 1-800-827-1000
Employment Security Dept. (Veterans Unit) 532-3102
Spokane County Veteran Services (emergency assistance if one-year county resident, war-time service, and honorable discharge) 456-3690
Spokane VA Medical Center 434-7000