Federal, State, and SCC Institutional Grants
Federal, state, and institutional grants for undergraduate students provide financial aid funding that does not need to be repaid.
Spokane Community College participates in the federal Pell Grant and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant programs. Resident and
nonresident students may qualify for federal grants.
- Pell Grant – a federal grant program based on financial need - Currently the eligibility range is from $185 to $5,550 per academic year.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant – a federal grant program for the neediest students
The State of Washington provides financial aid grant assistance to resident students.
- State Need Grant– a state grant program
based on need - Eligible students may receive an award up to the cost of tuition
- SCC Institutional Grants and Waivers – A portion of SCC tuition revenue is reserved for institutional
grants and waivers.
- SCC Tuition Grant - a supplemental grant based on need
- SCC Tuition Waiver – a supplemental waiver that reduces the amount of tuition costs
- State Financial Aid For DREAMers - expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to
low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements and satisfy the residency criteria. Please
complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).