Placement in English 101 is granted for students with any one of the following:
- Recent High School Graduates (within 3 years) with a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher*
- GED Completion (within 3 years)*
- Successful completion of College Prep at SCC or SFCC (within 3 years)*
- Smarter Balanced level of 3 or 4 (within 3 years)*
- Smarter Balanced level of 2 plus a B in a Bridge to College course (within 3 years)*
- SAT score of 530 or higher (within 3 years)*
- ACT score of 19 (within 3 years)*
- Compass writing score of 76 or higher (within 3 years)**
- Reciprocity Agreement: College-Level English placement at a WA State Community or Technical College (within 1 year)***
* High school transcripts, GED and College Prep Certificates of Completion, Smarter Balanced scores, and SAT/ACT scores must be submitted to the SCC Testing Center. You may bring
them in, fax, mail or email.
** Compass testing results from facilities other than SFCC and SCC must be sent by the testing institution to the Testing Center either via fax or mail.
*** If placement was based on completion of a course, an official transcript from other colleges and universities must be submitted to the SCC Transcript Office for evaluation.
If placement was based on test scores, the student must provide the Testing Center with a copy of the document that provides the specific placement recommendation from the sending
institution, along with a completed Placement Reciprocity
Student Request Form.