Skip to main content
Male student walking on campus

Mental Health

Mental health is an important aspect of student life. It can affect your happiness, your ability to study and learn, and  the way you interact with others. The Counseling Center is here to help you maintain your mental health and provide you with useful resources. 

Reasons to Seek Help

  • Substance abuse concerns

  • Feelings of depression

  • Couples therapy

  • Military and combat-related stress

  • Family therapy

  • Social and relationship concerns

  • Problematic eating patterns

  • Anger management

  • Gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender concerns

  • Stress management

  • Sexual assault/rape

  • Anxiety, grief and loss

Jenkins Wellness Center
Location: Building 7, Room 122
1810 N Greene St, Spokane, WA 99217
Phone: 509-533-8611 
Fax: 509-533-8096

Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Feeling stressed? Overwhelmed? Anxious? Are you looking for help just to get through the week?

The Student Health Clinic has a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, who comes in once a week by appointment. She provides both mental health counseling, as well as medication management as needed.

If you are an SCC student and would like to to make an appointment, call the Clinic at 509-533-8611, or come in and talk with anyone on our health care team. If you are a SFCC student, you can call Cindy Havko at 509-533-3202 to set up an appointment.

About Mental Health Therapy

Various therapeutic approaches can be used for mental health therapy. The course of treatment includes: individual, group, marriage, couple and family counseling. Therapists will outline goals with you and follow them to facilitate a positive outcome within ten sessions. Goal progress is reviewed and updated as needed, to successfully accomplish positive change. If you feel you need additional sessions, appropriate referrals will be made to clinicians in the community.

All sessions are held in strict confidence, a

To Report a Potential Crime

  • Crime Check: 509-456-2233
    • You will need: Names, phone numbers, addresses, the date the threat was made

CPS Reporting

  • 866-ENDHARM (866-363-4276) or Spokane DSHS: 1-800-557-9671 / 509-363-3550
    • You will need: Names, ages, phone numbers, addresses, description of the situation

Suicide Prevention

  • First Call for Help: 509-838-4428 or 1-877-678-4428
    • 24 hour crisis line. Emergency services are available to all individuals.
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Drug and Alcohol Assessment:

  • Adept Assessment and Treatment: 509-327-3120
    • Costs $50 and takes 1.5 - 2 hours for assessment
  • Daybreak: 509-927-1991
    • Costs $170 and takes 2 hours for assessment. This program is only for minors 18 years old and younger
  • DSHS: 1-877-501-2233
    • Funding through ADATSA, can pay if you are homeless, jobless, and have used in last 90 days. Submit an application at

Drug and Alcohol Support

  • Community Detox Service of Spokane: 509-838-2771
    • Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for both adults and adolescents. Provides sobering, detoxification and referral to treatment for persons suffering from alcoholism and other forms of chemical dependency.
  • Washington Recovery Helpline: 866-789-1511
    • 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Inland