Thanks for taking charge of your transfer planning!
As the Transfer Center director, it's my job to make sure our transfer degrees are
accepted at four-year universities across the state. I stay in constant contact
with the universities by serving on important committees that keep SCC on the forefront
of educational planning.
In addition, I work hard to make sure we deliver excellent service, making your
transition to the next place a smooth one.
I believe in the personal and professional opportunities education offers, and I
care about the students with whom I work. I also believe that each individual deserves
to be treated with respect and dignity.
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful;
to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures; and have
courage when things go wrong." ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
I believe there are different levels of educational needs. Since all students do
not learn in the same manner or have the same aptitudes or goals, it is vital to
provide a nurturing, stimulating environment that allows each individual the opportunity
to achieve his/her potential. I also believe that by working together in this manner
(within a nurturing and stimulating environment) we can provide positive educational
experiences for the diverse population of students which we serve.
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Gonzaga University (1988)
- Bachelor of Arts, Whitworth College (1986)
- Associate of Arts, Spokane Community College (1981)
- Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Counselor at Spokane Community College 1988-present.Director/Transfer Center and Liaison Counselor for Arts and Sciences Division
- Academic/vocational program advising, career counseling, personal problem solving, and crisis intervention
If you choose to see me, you'll find that I have a student-centered, supportive, problem solving approach.
I believe it is important for me:
- to provide service within an atmosphere of respect and compassion
- to provide accurate information and resources
- to encourage and facilitate personal and professional growth
- to refer you to an outside agency when appropriate
I believe it is important for you:
- to take responsibility for your choices, actions and goals
- to follow through with assignments
- to take advantage of the opportunities and resources available
- to take your education seriously
Please call (509) 533-7026 to schedule an appointment with me or one of my colleagues.