About SIDs, PINs and IDs

Attempting to access educational records other than your own constitutes improper use of this system and is a violation of state and federal privacy laws.

Spokane Community College is committed to protecting the confidentiality of our students' educational records. That protection includes restricting record access by issuing college-assigned Student Identification (SID) numbers and requiring the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN). As an additional effort to protect students' records, SIDs are not obtainable via the web; SIDs and PINs are not available via phone requests.

SIDs - Available by written, faxed or in-person request.
Phone requests are not accepted

PINs - Available online, by written, faxed or in-person request.
Phone requests are not accepted.

The online PIN request is intended for students who know their college assigned SID and who have an active and correct email address in their student record at SCC.

If you know your PIN and wish to change it, use SCC's PIN change tool.

Written or faxed SID or PIN requests are processed and mailed out within three to five business days after receipt of the request. Please note: incomplete requests are not processed.

Written or faxed requests must include:

  • Student's printed name
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of birth
  • Address where reply is to be sent
  • Student's signature
  • A copy of your driver's license or other official identification which includes your signature
  • Contact telephone number
  • Email address

Submit written requests to:

Attn: SID/PIN Requests
Spokane Community College
1810 N. Greene Street, MS 2151
Spokane, WA 99217-5399

Submit fax requests to:

(509) 533-8181

To make in-person requests:

During normal business hours, go to the front desk in Building 15 (Student Services Building) on the SCC campus, 1810 N. Greene St. In-person requests require picture identification.

Why should I get an ID card?

  • For purchasing and returning items at the SCC Bookstore
  • To check out materials from Media Services
  • To use the athletic facilities
  • To pick up financial aid checks
  • For student discounts at area stores, movie theaters, etc.

What do I need to get an ID card?

  • A copy of your schedule for the current quarter or your tuition receipt
  • Picture ID
  • Your SID number

Where do I get an ID card?


Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Saturday 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
(Hours vary during breaks and summer quarter.)

Do I get a new card every quarter?

  • No, a sticker is added to your ID card each quarter and is available at the Cashier's Office (Building 15) or in Media Services.

What if I lose my card?

  • Replacement ID cards are $2.00, payable at the SCC Library across from Media Services. Please bring your receipt, current schedule and a picture ID to Media Services to receive your replacement card. Your schedule and picture ID are required.
© 1997-2015 Spokane Community College All rights reserved