Smoking on the SCC Campus
Smoking is allowed in designated smoking areas only and is restricted to tobacco products. This includes use of smokeless or chewing tobacco and electronic nicotine delivery devices and related products. Smoking in any other part of the campus property is prohibited.
Marijuana, although now legal in Washington state, remains prohibited on college property and is subject to the same type of restrictions placed upon possession of and use of alcohol on campus.
People smoking outside of a designated area may be issued a smoking ticket. If you wish to appeal a smoking ticket, please use the form on the appeals page.
Designated Smoking Areas
East side of Building 1 (painted area around smoking shelter) Designated smoking areas:
- North side of Building 1 (painted area around smoking shelter)
- Between the LRC and the Lair (painted area around smoking shelter)
- West side of Max Snyder Building
- Northwest area in center campus circle
- North of Heavy Equipment Building (Building 19)
- Northeast corner of Stannard Technical Education Building
- South side of Automotive Building
- Northwest area of Livingston Building
We appreciate your support and compliance.
Contact SCC Campus Safety and Security
We are in Building 1, room 147. During the academic year, we are open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. During summer quarter, we close at noon on Fridays. We contract with State Protection Services for after-hours and weekend security.
Call our office 509-533-8624 during regular working hours or call our 24-hour emergency assistance number at 509-533-3333.